Managing firewall rules
ShellHub provides flexible firewall for filtering SSH connections. It gives a fine-grained control over which SSH connections reach the devices.
Using firewall rules you can deny or allow SSH connections to your devices based on a configuratio that you specify.
This feature is only available in ShellHub Cloud.
Firewall rule parameters¶
Each firewall rule has a priority number which is evaluated in ascending order (starting with the lowest). It's makes a lot easier to manage a large number of firewall rules.
A firewall rule is composed of the following parameters:
- Active: Indicates if the rule is active
- Priority: The rule's priority
- Action: Firewall action to perform (allow or deny)
- Source IP: Incoming connection's source IP address (regexp format)
- Username: Incoming connection's target username (regexp format)
- Hostname: Incoming connection's target device's hostname (regexp format)
The following parameters has support for regular expression:
Make sure to escape the periods in the value of these parameters.